If you’re dealing with certain issues in your life that are bringing you down or causing you to struggle, you may or may not have considered counselling as a way to help cope with whatever you’re feeling.
Perhaps you’re new to the idea of counselling and are not sure if it is the right option for you. At KAS Counselling, our team of counsellors in Chester and Northwich are on hand to provide a range of services to help find the root of your unhappiness and distress, offering an all-important person to talk to.
Counselling won’t be for everyone, but it can be extremely beneficial for those who seek professional input and non-judgemental support when friends and family are not an option.
What Can Counselling Help With?
Counselling offers a safe space for patients to speak to professionally trained counsellors about whatever issues they are facing.
We welcome anyone who feels they would benefit from speaking to someone impartial and with their best interests in mind about their feelings and problems whatever their severity.
If you’re not sure whether you think counselling sessions are for you or not, if you’re struggling with two or more of the following problems, we suggest getting in touch to find out more about our services:
- Communication – Whether its with family, friends or partners, if you’re facing any issues with communication, counselling can help find the source of the problem to help overcome it.
- Managing arguments – Arguments can have a real negative impact on mood and can even trigger anxiety.
- Money issues – So many people struggle in silence with worrying about money. Talking through your problems with a counsellor can help relieve some of the stress and put the issues into perspective.
- Wider family issues and fallouts – Family fallouts can be really difficult to deal with, particularly if they are your main support system. Counselling will help you best deal with the problems you as a family are facing.
- Life staging (e.g. children going to university) – Big changes in life can be hugely triggering and overwhelming and talking to a counsellor can be extremely beneficial to help vocalise how you are feeling.
- Managing separation – Dealing with a breakup or a divorce can be very isolating, often feeling that you have nowhere to turn. Our relationship counsellor will help you to come to terms with separation and help you to move forward.
- Anxiety and depression – Negative and anxious thoughts can be truly debilitating, disallowing you to live your life to its fullest. Our counsellors are dedicated to helping those who are struggling to come to terms with and deal with their mental health.
- OCD – It can be overwhelming finding out you have OCD and not know what this means for you and your life. Counselling can help guide you through the disorder and how best you want to deal with it.
- Low self-esteem – Struggling with low self-esteem, similarly to depression can be very debilitating and hold you back from enjoying your life and trying new things. Counselling sessions can help find the reasons why you’re feeling unconfident and help to find you the boost you need to put yourself out there.
- Jealousy – It’s not nice to feel jealous of someone close to you, perhaps a friend or sibling, but it can happen. Our counsellors will listen to your situation to help you overcome these feelings.
Book Your First Counselling Session Today
If you’re struggling with any of the problems listed above, please get in touch to find out more about how our Northwich and Chester counsellors can help.
To contact Alex, our Northwich and Manchester counsellor, call 07769 206 540.
For counselling in Chester, call Kirsty on 07432 659 337.
If you’re not sure who best to contact, please feel free to leave us a message using our online contact form.