Introduction to Working with Clients with Diverse Sexualities
Date: Saturday 2nd June 2018
Location: YHA, Potato Wharf, Castlefield, Manchester, M3 4NB
1 Day (7 hours) Continuing Professional Development – Indicative Content:
- Reflecting on your own sexuality
- Labels, terms and definitions
- Prejudices and privilege and how to identify it
- Societal structures and sexuality
- The effect of shame and how micro-aggressions operate
- Clinical implications
- Resiliences of clients.
To ensure the best learning experience, places are limited, so please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place. Alternatively, download the booking form, complete it and email to email@example.com
Your Questions Answered
Feedback and comments from September’s course:
- 100% of delegates who attended last year would ‘recommend this course to colleagues’
- “Relaxed, non-threatening environment”
- “If doing couple counselling, it should be a must to attend”
- “Thought provoking”
- “Thank you for both ‘enlightening and revising’ my knowledge and understanding for my self and my work”
- “Well run course. Excellent knowledge of the subject by course leader”
- “I found it really informative and eye opening. I feel more confident to start working with LGBTQ clients!”
- “This course has given me the confidence I felt I lacked seeing LGBT clients.”
- “Fantastic day, full of new and interesting information and material. Excellent training.”
KAS Counselling Training Services provides high quality, affordable training for existing counsellors, trainees or agencies.
We believe learning is best facilitated when learners are presented with engaging material they can apply to their lives. Our training is designed to take theories, models, ideas, knowledge and experience and turn it into a learning experience that will improve your counselling practice.
We incorporate the latest academic thinking with the lived experiences of clients and counsellors, so learners can see how ideas can be turned into practice. Our courses use a variety of styles incorporating: presentations, exercises, audio/ visual elements etc. so that all learners will be able to engage at the level that suits them best.
Training is delivered by Alex. He has been a trainer for 20+ years and was Training Manager at British Gas. He has written and delivered all kinds of training courses, in private industry and as a counsellor. He has written and presented seminars and CPDs and is a Tutor for Relate, teaching Level 4 and Level 5 counselling courses. Alex has an MA in Relationship Therapy (with distinction) and is a Clinical Associate of Pink Therapy and holds a Diploma in Relationship Therapy with Gender and Sexually Diverse Clients from them.
If you’d like to discuss how we can use our specialist knowledge and extensive experience to help your organisation, please get in touch. We can write and deliver bespoke courses specifically for your organisation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.